Mental Health Awareness Week 2017 starts Monday 8th May and this year has the theme ‘Surviving or Thriving’.
Smart TMS will be supporting the campaign, sharing news and messages to raise awareness of mental health issues. There will also be additional promotional activity to be announced in the run up to the event.
Too few people are able to thrive with good mental health and many people struggle daily with problems and issues.
As the Mental Health Foundation charity’s campaign states:
“Good mental health is more than the absence of a mental health problem.”
Mental Health Awareness week this year looks at mental health from a new angle and will be exploring:
- how many of us are surviving and how many are thriving in terms of mental health
- what is the difference between surviving and thriving
- why some communities are under strain
- what government can do to support struggling communities to thrive
- what steps we can take to look after our mental health
- how we can build resilience to cope with the demands of life
Mark Rowland, Director of Fundraising and Communications, explains:
“This Mental Health Awareness Week, we are flipping the focus away from mental ill-health to exploring how we can cultivate good mental health. It is an opportunity to reflect on the strategies and resources we need to both shape a coherent national approach to public mental health and the tools we need our families and our communities to radically re-frame our ability to thrive in life.
“During the week of 8-14 May, we will be producing a new report to highlight the numbers of us who feel stuck on ‘survive’. We will be providing advice and insight into how we can build good mental health in the context of our work, our digital world, our parenting approach and in our communities. We will be calling on the Government to do more to promote better mental health.
“Human beings are probably the most resilient creatures on the planet. Through countless setbacks, we have learnt how to survive but we are only now starting to understand how to thrive.”
Read more with Mark’s own story at www.mentalhealth.org.uk/blog/mental-health-awareness-week-2017-our-big-message.
More about Mental Health Awareness Week (links to Mental Health Foundation website).
How to support Mental Health Awareness Week:
[av_two_third first av_uid=’av-4cfo5q’]
- Support their simultaneous social media message at 8am on Monday 8th May on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or all 3.
- Download resources – social media images and badges/logos to help spread the word; plus posters and fundraising packs https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/campaigns/mental-health-awareness-week/resources
- Share your story – if you have a personal story about surviving or thriving and would like to share it with us, please send through 400 words to email@example.com
SMART TMS CLINICS
Smart TMS is a specialist provider of TMS treatment in London. Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation therapy (rTMS) is a technological breakthrough in the treatment of depression with a variety of further potential treatment applications.
Smart TMS is located within The Smart Clinics in South Kensington/Brompton Cross.
For any queries or to book an appointment, please contact us:
Tel: 0345 222 5678